Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Excessive Oil consumption( Toyota Camry 2007)

4 posts in this topic

I thought people said Toyota cars are more reliable than Honda cars.. well, here's something I think you all should read...

An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge..

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

source: carcomplaints.com

so guys I suggest you leave Honda alone oh :D

its unbelievable...are you kidding me?. I doubt people (Naija) know abt this. Even if they do they don't care..naija people too like material things.

I have a 2007 camry 4cyl and it burns 1 quart every 1500 miles took it to the Toyota dealer they change the Pistons and some other things it's been 9 months now haven't burned oil also no charge they know there was a problem I got a letter in the mail