Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Whistling car

7 posts in this topic

Good afternoon guys.. being a while and thank you all for your meaningful contribution when I had issues with my car.. A friend needs help here pls. his car whistles anytime he starts it but stops once he put on the car ac.. any ideas ? 

Where is the whistling coming from?
Is it...from under the hood...or from the area of one of the wheels...or from underneath the car?

The whistling could be wind coming around a window or door that stops when you pressurize the interior with the A/C blower. Does it also stop when you turn off the A/C and turn up the heater blower?

Without hearing the sound, the first suspect in my mind would be the AC compressor clutch assembly. If the bearing in the pulley is failing, its vibrations could be getting damped by the rest of the compressor assembly when it's engaged.

Its not the belt... we had it changed. just in case u guys think its the belt..

Another possibility is that it's coming from the cooling fan. Most cars today have two electric fans, one that responds to the engine temp and one that turns on when the AC is engaged. The AC fan ensures that air is passing through the heat exchanger that dissipates the heat from the compressed refrigerant. In an AC system it's called a "condenser".

You'll need to peek under the hood.